Friday, August 17, 2012

Meet Ellie!

Friends, family, bloggers, supporters... 

Meet Ellie!


This would be the sweet little girl who I've been matched with and will be running the marathon for as part of the Patient Partner Program!  Ellie and her mom mailed me an info sheet that all runners and patients fill out about each other, and then we swap to learn a bit about who we're paired with!  

Ellie's Favorites
Animal: Kitty cat
TV Show: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Food: Pasta (I'm with her on that one!)
Game: Basketball
Things that she likes to do for fun: Swimming
Things that make her the happiest: Diving in the pool!
Ellie is excited to be a part of the program because: I like running!

I could just melt.  I cannot wait to meet this little one!

If you're interested in the answers to MY questionnaire, let me just say that it's difficult to spin adult favorites into something a three year old will understand.  For instance, my favorite movie?  Either The Godfather, Steel Magnolias, or A Christmas Story.  Kid-friendly version? Elf!  My favorite TV show?  Currently Breaking Bad.  Kid-friendly? Friends!  

The absolutely honest answer to a question?

I am excited to be part of this program because: I love to run and am so excited to be matched with Ellie-- every mile is for her!

THAT is the God-honest truth.

In fundraising news, I am officially HALFWAY to my goal of $3000!!  

I am blown away every day by the generosity of the people who know me in so many different ways: my family, Brian's family, my best friends, friends that I've made since moving to Boston and Brian's friends who I consider my own as well, coworkers, my parents' coworkers, people who work in the hospital and see "I'm running the ING New York City Marathon for Boston Children's Hospital!" in my email signature and randomly reach out... it is amazing what people will come together to support when the cause is as amazing as what the Miles for Miracles team stands for.

If you would like to sponsor me, I invite you to stop by my fundraising page!  

Thank you so much to all of you who have contributed already-- I love you all!

Happy weekend, my lovelies.  Tomorrow morning awaits me with a 10 miler on the schedule-- whoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment